Laura B. 5th This is one of those questions like "which came first-the chicken or the egg?". I'm not so sure what to think about global warming...but I do think that global warming brought the film crews not the other way around.
Erin F. 1st I think that there is no real answer to that question. There are plenty of conflicting views as to the cause of global warming and we can't pin it on one particular group or cause. Sticking with the question I would say that the second part is a more accurate assesment.
The first thing that strikes me about this artist's rendition of an Antarctic conversation is not the fact that the penguins are wondering about Global Warming, it's the fact that these penguins have obviously taught themselves English to the point where they can engage in existenstialistic feedback loops. Did no one notice that?
Moreover, the English speaking penguins are existenstialist ventriloquists that have devised a way to capture TV signals at the south pole to watch liberal news that requires electricity to produce, and therefore pollutes the paper they are drawn on. Kinda like communism, global warming only makes some sense on paper.
The penguins having a conversation is pretty interesting, but i don't think anything really broght about global warming. I think it was always there, but no one took the time to notice it until the penguins starting becoming concerned and the ice began to melt a lot.
I don't think that a particular thing brought around global warming. I also don't think there would have been away to avoid it. It just happens. Therefore, global warming brought the film crews Petra B. -5th
Justin N. 2nd Period I don't think any person created global warming. It has always been there, but warming is rising at a very fast rate, so now people are deciding to freak out about it. In short, both film crews brought on global warming and global warming brought on the film crews.
Shifts in climate are common in earth's history and CO2 accounts for less than 1 percent of the entire atmosphere. "Global Warming" is just a stupid topic that can be debated by politicians.
Kaley M. 5 Global warming has always been occuring it is just now beginning to be a serious problem so now people are giving attention to the problem;therefore, global warming brought on the film crews.
Blake W. 5 I think an increase in technology has caused global warming. The film crews brought on global warming because the factories that make cameras and the transportation nessecary are contributing factories to global warming.
My opinion is quite simple really, yes global warming exists, but I do not believe that it was brought about by technology, the ozone layer, or any other absurd idea the 'experts' can come up with. 'Global Warming' is a cycle of the earth; it gets hot; it gets cold; we all move on.
my favorite thing about this cartoon is that it is from a very conservitave paper (Wall Street Journal) and it is about something that the liberal media uses to get ratings and that environmentalists and liberal activists (Al Gore and Michael Moore) use to buy new SUVs and private planes.
I believe it was global warming because with film and cameras come factories and with factories come greenhouse gases and with greenhouse gases...i think you get the point.
i understand how people could have brought global warming but dont think that we could of done anything to compleatly prevent it either. we never even noticed it until news crews came into play however.
Probably both, but I think the media makes global warming into a much bigger deal than it really is. It's become so political, I think it gets overstated. Lauren R. 5th
I believe that anyone who is wanting to relate global warming to liberal or conservative really has no idea what they are talking about. It doesn't matter who recognizes it, nor does it matter who causes it, what matters is that it's happening. The IPCC (that's Intergovernmental Panel for the Effects of Climate Change for those less educated) has not concluded that there is any definite proof that we did or did not cause these massive effects that we are experiencing. CO2 is not the problem by the way, it is something called aerosols (not like the can, but like the burning of coal and volcanoes). So please, don't rip on any political party until it is proven that any one political started it (or made it up). Thank you.
Global warming is one of those issues that i'm just not sure about. It seems though that the global warming brouht the film crews. I'm not sure if it is the real deal or just a normal atmospheric cycle, but if it's not what everyone is saying it might be what is the worst we will get out of it...a better environment?
I believe that both cases are true. The earth has a natural amount of greenhouse gas problems, thus creating a story for the film crews, but the film crews blow it out of proportion and end up blaming it on the people, thus bringing about a false representation of what is going on. It is not, however, the news crew's fault alone. The stations that put the stuff on the air are sponsored by companies who may have views on the issue, and the T.V. crews must therefore keep only stories that will keep the sponsors happy and in a charitable mood. Such is the fragile American way.
People have caused global warming due to factories, cars, etc. Many politicians have jumped on the global warming bandwagon, but it would be interesting to know if they are doing something about it in their own personal lives.
The fact is, whether global warming is man made or simply a cycle that occurs naturally, it doesn't really matter. The attention brought to the change in climate has undoubtedly created a sense of awareness about the environment. Like it or not this is a positive development. Environmental awareness equals a better use of natural resources and in effect a more efficient economy.
I believe that global warming is brought on by both causes. Pollution started it, but film crews, by using all this money to go and film movies about it, break it down more!!!
I don't even think that global warming is even happening. True, I have not done my research on it, but I have discovered that not too long ago we were worried about global cooling. Even if it is one big over reaction, I think that trying to become more environmentally friendly is a positive thing. I believe our world will go through heating and cooling cycles with or without us.
I'm pretty sure that whether or not film crews were there to tell us all about it, the global warming would still be there. The film crews have brought on so much publicity, though, that it now an extrememly popular topic of discussion. I just wish that the people (including myself) would be more tuned into the news about the enviroment and that we wouldn't need Hollywood to inform us. Now I think it's time to move on to another topic though. They should make us aware of some other enviromental "catastrophe" that we seem to be ignorant of.
i think both sides contribute to the issue. but, theres not just a whole lot we can do about stopping global warming to begin with. it's going to happen in some form or another whether we like it or not.
This isn't a "Did the chicken or the egg come first?" question; it isn't a difficult question. Media a.k.a films crews follow controversy. And global warming in artic regions affecting peguins is controversial. So, therefore, the global warming came first.
Here's sort of an inconvenient truth, global warming has been put on the backburner. The debates don't rage about it anymore. It has taken the backseat to the war, gay marriage, and abortion. So it raises another question; does anyone care? Or was it a fun fad for debate?
Well, it is more likely that global warming brought the camera crews to Antarctica, but I could also see how the camera crews (technology in general) have brought global warming to the world… or something smart like that
Honestly, I think it can all be blamed on Al Gore. He may not have invented the internet, but he did a great job making up global warming (saw it on a t-shirt). With as cool as it was this past summer, and as cold as it was last winter (in the north) I'd have to say that the camera crews (and Al Gore) brought global warming. I don't really believe in global warming.
"at the South Pole, where the U.S. decades ago established a station, temperatures have actually fallen since 1957" http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=b228f4b0-a869-4f85-ba08-902b95c45dcf&k=0
I'm not sure about how fast the world is warming up but i don't think we should forget about things like the ozone layer depleting. Even with global warming isn't a huge problem I think the environmental precautions that we take are still beneficial.
44 comments:
Laura B. 5th
This is one of those questions like "which came first-the chicken or the egg?". I'm not so sure what to think about global warming...but I do think that global warming brought the film crews not the other way around.
Interesting question, but the answer is neither. The penguins brought on global warming is the real answer. That's right, I said it.
Joe B. 5th
Erin F. 1st
I think that there is no real answer to that question. There are plenty of conflicting views as to the cause of global warming and we can't pin it on one particular group or cause. Sticking with the question I would say that the second part is a more accurate assesment.
The first thing that strikes me about this artist's rendition of an Antarctic conversation is not the fact that the penguins are wondering about Global Warming, it's the fact that these penguins have obviously taught themselves English to the point where they can engage in existenstialistic feedback loops. Did no one notice that?
Moreover, the English speaking penguins are existenstialist ventriloquists that have devised a way to capture TV signals at the south pole to watch liberal news that requires electricity to produce, and therefore pollutes the paper they are drawn on.
Kinda like communism, global warming only makes some sense on paper.
The penguins having a conversation is pretty interesting, but i don't think anything really broght about global warming. I think it was always there, but no one took the time to notice it until the penguins starting becoming concerned and the ice began to melt a lot.
Gina P. (2)
I don't think that a particular thing brought around global warming. I also don't think there would have been away to avoid it. It just happens. Therefore, global warming brought the film crews
Petra B. -5th
Justin N. 2nd Period
I don't think any person created global warming. It has always been there, but warming is rising at a very fast rate, so now people are deciding to freak out about it. In short, both film crews brought on global warming and global warming brought on the film crews.
James M. 2nd
Shifts in climate are common in earth's history and CO2 accounts for less than 1 percent of the entire atmosphere. "Global Warming" is just a stupid topic that can be debated by politicians.
Kaley M. 5
Global warming has always been occuring it is just now beginning to be a serious problem so now people are giving attention to the problem;therefore, global warming brought on the film crews.
Blake W. 5
I think an increase in technology has caused global warming. The film crews brought on global warming because the factories that make cameras and the transportation nessecary are contributing factories to global warming.
My opinion is quite simple really, yes global warming exists, but I do not believe that it was brought about by technology, the ozone layer, or any other absurd idea the 'experts' can come up with. 'Global Warming' is a cycle of the earth; it gets hot; it gets cold; we all move on.
Sarah Henderson-1st
Tyler L. 5
my favorite thing about this cartoon is that it is from a very conservitave paper (Wall Street Journal) and it is about something that the liberal media uses to get ratings and that environmentalists and liberal activists (Al Gore and Michael Moore) use to buy new SUVs and private planes.
Tiffany G. 1st
I'm thinking it's global warming. However it was never really brought to our attention until film crews got involved.
I believe it was global warming because with film and cameras come factories and with factories come greenhouse gases and with greenhouse gases...i think you get the point.
Michael Moffitt- 2nd
I think that global warming just happened. There is really no way to avoid it. However nobody paid attention to it until film crews became involved!
Crystal R. 5th period
i understand how people could have brought global warming but dont think that we could of done anything to compleatly prevent it either.
we never even noticed it until news crews came into play however.
emily howard 5th period
global warming existed before the media brought our attention to it, but doesn't everything happen before the media gets involved?
Mindy Orr 5th
Probably both, but I think the media makes global warming into a much bigger deal than it really is. It's become so political, I think it gets overstated.
Lauren R. 5th
I believe that anyone who is wanting to relate global warming to liberal or conservative really has no idea what they are talking about. It doesn't matter who recognizes it, nor does it matter who causes it, what matters is that it's happening. The IPCC (that's Intergovernmental Panel for the Effects of Climate Change for those less educated) has not concluded that there is any definite proof that we did or did not cause these massive effects that we are experiencing. CO2 is not the problem by the way, it is something called aerosols (not like the can, but like the burning of coal and volcanoes). So please, don't rip on any political party until it is proven that any one political started it (or made it up). Thank you.
Alexa Daniel 2nd
Global warming is one of those issues that i'm just not sure about. It seems though that the global warming brouht the film crews. I'm not sure if it is the real deal or just a normal atmospheric cycle, but if it's not what everyone is saying it might be what is the worst we will get out of it...a better environment?
Allen J. 1st
I believe that both cases are true. The earth has a natural amount of greenhouse gas problems, thus creating a story for the film crews, but the film crews blow it out of proportion and end up blaming it on the people, thus bringing about a false representation of what is going on. It is not, however, the news crew's fault alone. The stations that put the stuff on the air are sponsored by companies who may have views on the issue, and the T.V. crews must therefore keep only stories that will keep the sponsors happy and in a charitable mood. Such is the fragile American way.
Maggie Carmona
5th
People have caused global warming due to factories, cars, etc. Many politicians have jumped on the global warming bandwagon, but it would be interesting to know if they are doing something about it in their own personal lives.
They both contribute to each other. It is a which came first the chicken or the egg kind of deals. Who knows?
Shannon H 2nd
Betsy E. 2nd
The fact is, whether global warming is man made or simply a cycle that occurs naturally, it doesn't really matter. The attention brought to the change in climate has undoubtedly created a sense of awareness about the environment. Like it or not this is a positive development. Environmental awareness equals a better use of natural resources and in effect a more efficient economy.
Kimber D. 1st
I believe that global warming is brought on by both causes. Pollution
started it, but film crews, by using all this money to go and film movies about it, break it down more!!!
Tamara Wallace 5th
I don't even think that global warming is even happening. True, I have not done my research on it, but I have discovered that not too long ago we were worried about global cooling. Even if it is one big over reaction, I think that trying to become more environmentally friendly is a positive thing. I believe our world will go through heating and cooling cycles with or without us.
Laura H. 2nd
I'm pretty sure that whether or not film crews were there to tell us all about it, the global warming would still be there. The film crews have brought on so much publicity, though, that it now an extrememly popular topic of discussion. I just wish that the people (including myself) would be more tuned into the news about the enviroment and that we wouldn't need Hollywood to inform us. Now I think it's time to move on to another topic though. They should make us aware of some other enviromental "catastrophe" that we seem to be ignorant of.
I think they both contribute to each other, It's hard to say.
Olivia M.
2nd pd.
I think they both contribute to each other, It's hard to say.
Olivia M.
2nd pd.
i think both sides contribute to the issue. but, theres not just a whole lot we can do about stopping global warming to begin with. it's going to happen in some form or another whether we like it or not.
Kristen E. 2nd
Leah B. - 2nd
This isn't a "Did the chicken or the egg come first?" question; it isn't a difficult question. Media a.k.a films crews follow controversy. And global warming in artic regions affecting peguins is controversial. So, therefore, the global warming came first.
Leah B. - 2nd
wow, someone totally already referred that. didn't even see that, scratch the example.
I'm gonna go with the second one.
I think that global warming brought people to the penguins, not the other way around, and thats my piece.
Marcus Lowry
2nd
Derek Doss-2nd
Here's sort of an inconvenient truth, global warming has been put on the backburner. The debates don't rage about it anymore. It has taken the backseat to the war, gay marriage, and abortion. So it raises another question; does anyone care? Or was it a fun fad for debate?
I am going to say global warming
tanner s 2nd
I think that global warming is what brought in all of the film crews.
Global warming is what caused all of the film crews to come.
Kim L.
(1)
D. Fuss 2nd
Well, it is more likely that global warming brought the camera crews to Antarctica, but I could also see how the camera crews (technology in general) have brought global warming to the world… or something smart like that
Thomas G 1st
Honestly, I think it can all be blamed on Al Gore. He may not have invented the internet, but he did a great job making up global warming (saw it on a t-shirt). With as cool as it was this past summer, and as cold as it was last winter (in the north) I'd have to say that the camera crews (and Al Gore) brought global warming. I don't really believe in global warming.
Ty P. 5th
The chicken came first, and global warming brought on the film crews.
Tarah W. 2nd
I believe global warming brought on the film crews.
"at the South Pole, where the U.S. decades ago established a station, temperatures have actually fallen since 1957"
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=b228f4b0-a869-4f85-ba08-902b95c45dcf&k=0
Reagan Doyal -5th
I'm not sure about how fast the world is warming up but i don't think we should forget about things like the ozone layer depleting. Even with global warming isn't a huge problem I think the environmental precautions that we take are still beneficial.
Post a Comment