Sunday, February 17, 2008

The shrinking middle class?


Watch this video clip. and then comment on it.


Do you believe the middle class is shrinking? Do you think that the popular opinion is that it is shrinking? Are you in the middle class? Are you shrinking? I am expanding (I have the old pants to prove it).



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video pretty much sums it up. Once again, the media distorts the facts. Like that's a real surprise.

First of all, I'm somewhere in between the exact middle and the upper-middle class (in lubbock, anyways...we would be considered lower class in california or new york based on income). Personally, I don't believe the middle class is really shrinking. So many people are switching classes regularly that it balances out (more or less).

I guess this is just another case of economics proving everyone to be stupid.


Randy Moore, 1st Period

Anonymous said...

I don't think the middle class is shrinking. I think that a lot of people in the middle class are spending more money than they actually have and once they get the bills they find themselves in the lower class. But today people want more in order to live happily so they end up paying for it. Although people have less money, they have more goods leaving them in the middle class.
-Kimmie Kruczek- 2nd

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Michael Cox. Today's standard of living is much greater than America's past. Furthermore, America's needs such as food, clothes, and shelter have been proven to drop in prices significantly. I am not surprised by this article at all. Economics is an everchanging subject that has incredible media influence.

Mark Scioli 5th.

Anonymous said...

Wow that video really puts things into perspective. Those guys with the boats look like they have a tough life. I dont really believe their is a war on the middle class, but a bunch of people complaining about it making it seem like their is. I think lifes pretty good for Americans right now.

Mike Uryasz-5th

Anonymous said...

P.S.
What is it like to smoke a dollar bill?

Anonymous said...

The video pretty much clears it up for me...there is really no shrinking middle class. Middle class people just like to complain a lot, when in reality they have it pretty dang good. I found it hilarious that people said they "couldn't make ends meet" while being interviewed wearing designer clothing and jewelery. I think the fact that people always want MORE is the reason that there is even the idea of the shrinking middle class. Also the fact the media distorts things once again...suprising? Not really. At least for me.

Chris Woldstad
1st Period.

Anonymous said...

My family is in the middle class. We live comfortably. We have not shrunk. I grew half an inch this year.

I have heard the middle class as a whole is shirking. I don't have much feeling about it right now.

Alicia 1st

Anonymous said...

I don't think the middle class is shrinking; I think instead it is growing but people want to believe that they have such tough lives and it's so hard "to make ends meet." In reality, if we compared America's middle class to other countries being in the middle class is almost like being in the upper class. I think the popular opinion is that America's middle class is growing. I don't think I'm shrinking. I think the only reason the media puts such bad emphasis on the middle class is because people tend to compare themselves to other people who have better things. If we had no one to compare ourselves to maybe we wouldn't want so many material things.

Kelsi Crane 5th

Anonymous said...

No, Lou Dobbs is just a hack.

Anonymous said...

This video proves once again that the media seems to distort everything. The negative is always reported even if there is nothing negative to speak of. Also, Americans are just spoiled. I do not believe the middle class is shrinking, but I think most of Americans believe we are because of the media. I dont know what the solution is but I wish we weren't misinformed by the media.
Sarah Young 1st

Anonymous said...

what up nigga!!