Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If the world could vote.


http://www.economist.com/Vote2008/
This is an interesting look at who the world would like to see as our president. You might think that they prefer Obama because he may appear weaker than McCain but I wonder why third world countries would prefer a U.S. president that would reverse free trade?


It is an interactive map, spend some time cruising your curser over it.

29 comments:

Jack Johnson 6th said...

Dang, it is really surprising that Obama has such an overwhelming majority of the votes. I guess the world wants the United States to "change".

Gabrielle Garza said...

It is rather interesting to see how popular Obama is in the world. However, I'm betting that the world wants him for the fear of having the same thing with Bush for another four years with McCain in office.

kelbyRuiz6th said...

i think obama will bring change and wont make the same mistakes over and over like our past presidents

BeccaBorder6th said...

I think it's interesting how there are only 3 countries would are in favor of McCain.

BeccaBorder6th said...

that didn't make sense!! I meant to say there are only 3 countries in favor of mccain.

Lauren Christensen-5th said...

I wonder what makes those three countries like Mccain? And of all places why Iraq? Thats a very interesting map.

Duc Can 5th said...

Too much blue and not enough red is bad news for McCain...

heatherhazuka5 said...

Wow this make McCain look horrible, especially if the world wants a president that wants to reverse trade with them. This will hurt McCain during the final votes.

erika bevers 3 said...

Wow! It's really sad that McCain can only win 3 countries and in all the rest he is getting killed. The worst part is Obama is even winning the muslim countries and i thougt that if you convert to christianity from muslim that you were like shunned

audra wolfe5th said...

I still like McCain...
Go McCain!!

Strath said...

Man its surprising to see McCain with almost now support, whats with that.

Miguel Hernandez said...

I can almost say that this was to be expected with McCain and the Middle East votes. I feel that he is a better (way better) educated second coming of George Bush and the Middle East is not about to like that.

McKay said...

Erika,
Obama never converted from Islam to Christianity. He was never a Muslim. He got his name from his father who was a Muslim but Obama was raised by his Christian grandparents.

Emma Itria5th said...

I wonder why all those countries support Obama over McCain. I guess with Bush's current ratings people are afraid of having another conservative president, even though McCain leans more moderate.

Unknown said...

Odd - McCain is winning Iraq's vote. And he wants to keep the troops there longer... Sad, though, that that is all he's really winning. Guess people want someone they think is opposite Bush.

Omar said...

i bet the world would pick obama, juyst because mccain isn't enforcing a change. [not to bash mccain, ofcourse]

Anonymous said...

I think that the world wants Obama because McCain is so similar to the Bush's. I think the world does'nt really know their policys but are just judging them by their character. Also they may just want the good ol U.S of A back and Obama shows a hope for that wish.

Anonymous said...

i think thats dumb, most people who would vote in those countries don't know what their talking about, i doubt they sit home & watch US presidential debates.. if they even have t.v.'s.. hmm
GO McCain!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor McCain!! I think that it is wrong for people to unjustly criticize him, for what George Bush has done...besides I do not really think that Bush was a bad president, he was just dealt a bad hand. I wish I could tell those others countries, that they need to learn their facts before they vote against someone just because they are afraid that McCain will be like the past president.

Jordan Aguirre said...

okay, for all of those who state "other countries don't know what they are talking about" I beg to differ, as a matter of fact, they probably know exactly what they are talking about since South Korea, Japan, and Singapore are ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the world for effective education, math, science, and FOREIGN AFFAIRS/LANGUAGES. Not only do they know what's going in America, they know how to beat us, and they know how speak our language. They almost know us better than we do. They know their facts, perhaps WE should get our facts straight.
*btw- the election is as big for other countries as it is for us since because of us, their economies suck. They want Obama because they don't want the economy to suck anymore. Just because we don't care about other countries elections, doesn't mean they don't care about ours.

Anonymous said...

I think it's unfortunate that the world has such a poor outlook on McCain. But this it the election for the President of the United States. So in the end, the world has no right to any type of vote.

Jack Scolaro 5 said...

You can't really put to much emphasis on something like this, but it could show the middle east is afraid of McCain's foreign policy

leigh holder-5th said...

Oh well McCains still a winner in my book.

Heather Baumann 6th said...

Wow that is really surprising but i think it really says something that Iraq is in favor of McCain.

Heather Baumann 6th said...

Wow that is really surprising but i think it really says something that Iraq is in favor of McCain.

Anonymous said...

It's very interesting to see the world's opinion.... I wonder why there is such a favor for Obama...

KcB said...

Woa. thats interesting to see the options of other countries.

macy morris said...

It is election day, and I am pretty sure that whatever this article said about McCain having a chance in winning is a little untruthful! It is incredible that Obama has such the majority vote over the entire world!

Anonymous said...

It is crazy that so many countries are in favor of Mr.Obama. Maybe it is a step towards world peace. NOT!!!