
California can't seem to get enough federal regulation. They are beggingfor more. Maybe we'd feel that way if we had to breath their air and had their water problems.
Should states be allowed to set their own standards?
"Painful elaboration of the obvious."
25 comments:
I think that the Fed needs to set standards for every state and make them all the same. But, I do think that if certain states want to be more energy efficent themselves, they should be able to increase that standard set forth by the government as well. Not that I am a complete tree hugger, or a extemely wasteful person either, but I do think that if our nation was run by enviornmental savy democrats this wouldn't be an issue. Can't you completely see Al Gore supporting California?
MelanieK02
well each state is a little bit different and has a different population that uses energy. So the states with less people dont need as much conservation while the states with the larger population need more regualtions on their energy conservation. So yes each state should regualte their own energy but the fed should say this is what you need to conserve and do any thing to meet this and just leave it like that.
Logan F 5th
oops i keep putting 5th i ment to put 2nd!... its been a long day!
Logan F. 2nd
states should be left alone!
The DOE needs to let California do what it feels it needs to do. If the producer and consuer will be hurt by the regulations, the problem will fix itself. Isn't the whole point of a free market to allow people to buy what they want without any laws stopping them?
Thomas D. 2nd
YES!!!!!!!!!!
Jessica C. 5th Period
Yes i think that the sates should be allowed to set their own standards on the energy they use. If California wants to make their state more energy efficient shouldnt they be allowed to? Like thomas said free market says that people are allowed to buy what they want so if california wants to set standards along with any other states i say let them set their standards.
FrankiG 5th
The Federal Government should have standards, and should offer incentives for states willing to go above and beyond their standards.
sarah hobson
1st
im all for states rights
riley white
1st
Let the states set their own standards. I believe that by now, states should be smart enough to know what will hurt or help their economy.
Kim I. 5th
States should set their own standards. If the people don't like it, they can move to another state. This will then lead to a decline in the population causing the lack of water supply and what not to slow down.
Jordan L/5
I think states should have their own regulations, they know what is going to hurt or prosper their own particular state.
Whitney A 5th
I think the Federal Government should set the standard because some states might choose lower standards with negative effects on the environment simply to improve their economic conditions.
Amy W. (5)
i'm neutral on the issue.
raelynn s(5)
yes, i think the states should be able to set there own standards.
nathan o. (1)
I am a communist...enough said.
Matt W
5th Period
i think the states should set their own energy standards
rachel h. 5th
I think the states should be able to make these kind of decisions on their own without the feds butting in.
Kinzie J. 5th
I don't really care if california has pollution problems.
Jeff Hernandez 2nd
I think something needs to be done. I love our earth and loose many nights sleep thinking about how we can save our planet. I don't know that state regulation is the best but if it helps mother earth i'm for it.
Caitlan Gilliland 5th
I think that states should be allowed to set their own standars.
Sam D. 5th
States rights all the way! If they do not give California what they want they should just succeed from the US. It will probably also make the rest of the country happier too.
Sterling (2nd)
I agree with Jessica, one comment answers are good enough, as long as you add "!!!!".. so !!!!
Josh New 2nd
i like potatoes---josh rantz 2nd
Post a Comment