Monday, October 29, 2007

Are you right brained or left brained?



Don't think this relates directly to any economic topic but it is a fun test. If you remember the 70s (like me, and probably your parents) you may be able to hear Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" as you watch her spin. Very annoying.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am deffinately right-brained. its weird to think about how "people think". i guess those people that are well balanced got it goin on. :)

Clare P.
(2)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that thing really bothered me. I got it to go both ways. Anti-clockwise first though.

Joe B.

Anonymous said...

Madison G. 5th
I got it to go both ways after a while, but I saw clockwise first. I always thought I was left brained, but I guess I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

Madison G. 5th
I got it to go both ways after a while, but I saw clockwise first. I always thought I was left brained, but I guess I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

hey i like that song...but anyways

i saw it clockwise...i never saw it counterclockwise..but i took a test similar to this and i already knew i was more right brained..

Carrie C. 5th

Anonymous said...

it keeps changing on me... when i first looked at it, she was spinning clockwise. then i started reading a little bit and looked back and she was going counterclockwise. weiird. i guess i think with both sides of my brain..?

Kaci Pickering 5

Anonymous said...

definitely clockwise - I can't even try to see it movieng the other way around
Marta Gabler 2nd

Anonymous said...

i see her jumping up and down.

this makes me superior to all of you.

sorry.

Eric R. 2nd

Anonymous said...

Nichole C. 1st
I think the dancer is definitely going clockwise. It really doesn't suprise me that I am right brained, for I've known that for a while.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer S.-5th

At first, I had a hard time taking this little "test" seriously because I was pretty sure that there was no real trick to the dancer. I simply thought that there was a set pattern to this trick until I got my parents to look at it and tell me which direction it went for them. My mom claimed that the picture was turning clockwise while my dad found the picture to turn counterclockwise. I flipped back and forth between the two and as the direction of the dancer switched for me and my dad occasionally, my mom claimed that the direction was switching in accordance to what my dad and I thought. Overall, this was pretty interesting and a little weird.

Anonymous said...

Brittney O. 5th

I saw it going both ways, but I saw it going counter-clockwise first.

Anonymous said...

Bennett W. 5th

I can see her going clockwise and counter-clockwise. I use to think that I was mostly left brained but lately I think that I'm more right brained.

Anonymous said...

Thomas G 1st

Thats a weird test. I saw it move counterclockwise, at first. It took me forever, but I was finnally able to see it move clockwise. I think the computer randomly picks which way it moves.

Anonymous said...

Kristen E. 2nd.

I am 100% right-brained. i cant get it to go anti-clockwise at all. thats irritating to me b/c i really want to see it that way!

Anonymous said...

jb m pd2
at first it was clockwise but now it looks like it keeps changing directions to me and never turns all the way around.

Anonymous said...

JR Norton 5th

When I first saw the "tiny dancer" she was spinning clockwise-- and I thought I was a square but apparently I'm much wore wordly than details and facts-- on my second glance I noticed she was spinning the other way. To be more accurate I must admit that I was shocked and then with my excitement she went back to the original clockwise spin. After that I tried to focus upon spinning her back the other way and I discovered one of two things: I'm so intelligent that I had a hard time tricking myself, or that I'm so hard headed that I cannot even convince myself to believe me. It was also difficult because my mind kept wondering if Mr. McKay was relating the dancer to the seventies and Elton John because her nudity reminded him of his youthful years amongst free-love hippies; I've never been so distracted and repulsed so completely before. Perhaps, instead of this image telling us about the operation of our brains it is really separating those who crave a fun distraction from those serious economics students. Economics is serious already; who cares if we have a bit of fun with something that does not relate directly(meaning really has absolutely no significant or worthwhile connection) with anything economic? Wow, I'm amazed that I could write so much on something that noone else seemed able to expand on? Oh no, what does that say about me?

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I was definitely right brained. I stared at the thing forever and never could see it going the other direction.
Lauren R. 5th

Anonymous said...

I saw the dancer going clockwise first, so I read the right brain description. But when I looked back she was going the other way. She just kept changing. But I'm guessing I'm right brained since I saw her going clockwise first.

Melissa C. 2nd

Anonymous said...

Ty P. 5th
I first saw counter-clockwise but was able to change it back and forth. I think the shadow below the girl has a lot to do with it. Or maybe my brain just hurts right now.

Anonymous said...

I saw the dancer going clockwise and could not make it go the other way.

Chris C
1st

Anonymous said...

Brittany Hoffman 5th

okay...so when i first looked at her, she was spinning counter clockwise i think?
i cant even remember now...i got myself all confused after a while because she kept changing directions...
i guess i think with both sides of my brain!

Anonymous said...

she switches...

J.T. 5th

Anonymous said...

Danielle V. 1st

When I first saw the dancer, she was going clockwise. After reading the differences between right and left brained people, I looked back at the dancer and she was dancing counter-clockwise. Don't know what that means

Anonymous said...

Matthew K. 1st

right brained definitely. Guess im not as special as I thought i was. I am, however, left-handed. And so is Mr. Mckay (yes i've noticed). So what does that really tell us? Do are hands correlate with our brains? I always thought I was more of the "big picture" and risk taking kind of guy. Maybe thats just what we all want to think. Left-brained seems too boring; so yes. I am right brained. A ruling imagination and a fantasy based functionng process seems much more "exciting".

Anonymous said...

this is witchcraft.

Olivia M.
2nd pd

Anonymous said...

Davis Wilkinson - 2nd

Right-brained...although I started seeing the dancer spin both ways at the end.

Anonymous said...

Leah B. - 2nd

I cannot see counter clockwise! Ahhhhhh... I suppose I am very right-brained. And I do hear "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John.

Anonymous said...

I think this is some kind of trick..
every time i look at her she is going a different way!
Lindsay N. 1st period

Anonymous said...

Tamara Wallace 5th

At first I saw it spinning counter-clockwise, but after awhile I got really good at seeing it turn both ways. Its really weird, I can't figure out how it can do that!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca S. 5th

I saw it going clockwise so i guess i'm right brained... but i always thought i was left brained.

Anonymous said...

James M. 2nd

That is really neat, i can change the rotation of the figure but i wonder who came up with this test.

Anonymous said...

I saw her going opposite directions every time i looked at it, so i think its gotta be some kind of trick.
Justin P. 2

Anonymous said...

Maggie Carmona
5th

That was a really confusing video. I saw it going counter-clockwise and then it was going clockwise. I kept switching on me until I finally clicked out of it. Confusing. So I guess I am more right brained.