Sunday, October 14, 2007

The blue eyes have it.


Did you know that every president since Nixon has had blue eyes? That's every president since the invention of color television. Read this article and tell me what you think.

The photo above is NOT implying anything about any presidents past, present, or future (don't want to lose my job). Just wanted you to consider that Hitler did have blue eyes. Maybe it's relevant, maybe not.

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nichole C. 1st
While appearance does make a huge impact on who wins the presidency, I believe that a president having blue eyes is not very significant. Some people do vote only on the most attractive and well represented candidates, but the issue of blue eyes is probably exaggerating a little bit. Kennedy won the presidency because of his appearance and not his stance on political issues. Blue eyes are probably just a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer S.-5th

Not enough information on this subject has been gathered in order to make a proper analysis of this question of blue eyes. If this irregularity is true, then where is the statistical information concerning the public? This article is invalid because it is just one opinion and not information gathered from the sample of the population of the United States.

Anonymous said...

Laura B. 5th
This is fascinating! I actually could believe this; of course, there is not the statistical proof in the article but given the proof I could see the conclusion about blue eyes. Another interesting point is the fact Hillary Clinton has changed her eye color. She is a chameleon; she is now claiming her home state is Illinois (she grew up in Chicago) not Arkansas or New York like one would think. I think this coupled with the fact she doesn't fit the profile of past presidents could mean her doom. I will be interested to see if the journal's predictions because of profiling hold true.

Anonymous said...

That's stupid haha.

And since I can vote now...I'm obviously voting for the tallest white male with real blue eyes.

Eric R. 2nd

Anonymous said...

D. Fuss 2nd
I know that the most prominent leaders throughout history have been charismatic, intelligent, and have had a vision of where they want to be in the future; however, I’ve never heard of physical appearance being an important aspect in political races. That’s because physical appearance wasn’t all that important fifty years ago, but in today’s society, where our culture demands perfection, physical appearance could make or break a presidential candidate.

Anonymous said...

well that takes me out of the presidential race in the future.
but, on a serious note i think that this is a really interesting fact that i want to see for my self so off to the ol' tv.

Marcus Lowry
2nd

Anonymous said...

Well, Mckay, you see here: Physical appearance does play some role when congress members are attempting to persuade thier constituents to vote for them. JFK also won many of his presidential votes based on his physical appearance. However I doubt that the reason any of our past presidents became president was because they belong to the "Blue Eyed Club." Hilary is not going to win, Obama makes a very good run however I don't believe that America is ready for a woman or African America president.

Anonymous said...

K. Moore, yep that was me above. Sorry =)

Anonymous said...

Oh 5th period. =)

Anonymous said...

B. Whitmire 5th

Blue eyes are grand, in fact I find them very attractive...but they are not the reason as to why our presidents got elected. Ever heard the saying "First impressions are everything"? Or atleast something to that equivalent? Yes well that is true when trying to make decisions right off the bat but I highly doubt you can see eyecolor on a black and white ballot.

Anonymous said...

okay, i understand that sex and race can affect who a person might vote for for president, but eye color? i think its very interesting that so many past and present leaders have blue eyes, but i dont think its very significant.

Clare P. (2nd)

Anonymous said...

i love blue eyes but i dont think they really have anything to do with presidential elections.
i find them calming but they are not the reason for peoples votes.
hillary clinton is dumb if she changes her eye color just on a whim.

emily howard, 5th period

Anonymous said...

Although this is really fascinating, I think it is just mere coincidence. People vote for president based on the candidates' ideals, not what color their eyes are, and if I'm wrong about that, I am somewhat scared for the future of America.

Anonymous said...

^^Justin N. 2nd Period

Anonymous said...

Rebecca S. 5th
This is a fasinating article and somewhat plausible since americans value appearance so much, but i think it's just a coincidence. I don't think that all of the presidents since Nixon could have gotten elected based on eye color alone. Having blue eyes in the upcoming election may help candidates, but i dont think dark eyed candidates are out of the running.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting,but i don't really belive it has anything to do with the election. Anyways when color tvs were invented, the color wasn't good enough to tell the eye color of someone on tv.

Mindy Orr 5th

Anonymous said...

I think this is interesting but just a coincidece. I dont think anyone can really see the candidate's eyes close enough on a television to have an effect on their vote. Also, for our country's sake, I hope people are not casting ballots based on eye color.
B. Campbell 1st

Anonymous said...

I think blue eyes are pretty.
But have absolutely no relationship to who America chooses as the leader of the country.
Just simply coincidental.

Shannon H. 2nd

Anonymous said...

Coulda sworn that Hitler had like brown or grey eyes. But whatever. I have blue eyes, so vote for me.
-The Wasiuta, 2nd Period

Anonymous said...

I think blue eyes are cool too, but I agree wtih John; didn't Hitler have, like, non-blue eyes? Either way, I doubt it will have much impact on who wins the election.
-Gina Palombit, 2nd Period

Anonymous said...

I think that's interesting. However, if blue eyes really have anything to do with who actually gets elected, I think it would be a subconscience thing. I don't think anyone would choose a president based on eye color (or at least I hope not).

Whitley C. -1st

Anonymous said...

I think it's kind of ridiculous to say that the presidential election relies on the color of the candidates eyes. I would never have realized that each president since Nixon had blue eyes had I not read this. Maybe on a subconcious level some people appeal more to blue eyes...but there's not enough proven fact to support this theory, and it would make me very nervous for the U.S. if it was proven that ignorant citizens vote based on appearance alone.

I've also read that a majority of the most world renown serial killers have blue eyes as well...?


Kaci P. 5th

Anonymous said...

Kristen E. 2nd

Okay so its kinda interesting to know that every president since Nixon has had blue eyes, but its one of those useless random bits of information that has no true validity to any election. besides, on tv, its ridiculously hard to tell the true color of a persons eyes. therefore its ridiculous to base ones vote on that alone. & for that matter, hitler never ran for president!

Anonymous said...

all the president's have been men, too.
i guess hillary doesn't have a chance..... unless she IS a man.

Anonymous said...

I think for the most part this is all a coincendence but i think the physical appearance of a tall BLUE EYED white man may be more appealing than others.

Justin Pena 2

Anonymous said...

this is an example of coincidence vs. correlation. I think some dude just didnt have a life and decided to find some weird coincidence with the past few presidents so he/she could claim some kind of correlation that presidents have. Hillary Clinton used to have brown eyes but recently she has blue eyes, so does she believe these stats too or is she trying to go for the blonde blue eye chick?

Michael H. 1st

Anonymous said...

I think that this is just a crazy coincidence. Im surprised that someone would even write about this. I don't think that the color of the candidates eyes don't have anything to do with who wins the election.

Petra -5th

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting article! Since Americans value appearance it is possible but unlikely that blue eyes will either make or break a candidate. Maybe subconsciously blue eyes are more attractive, but I don't believe that it's the reason these leaders were chosen. Just coincidence!!

Crystal R. 5th

Anonymous said...

Madison Garrett 5th
Personally, I think it's just a coincidence. Yes, unfortunately, some Americans do vote according to appearance. But eye color? C'mon. I usually don't even notice peoples' eye color until after I've known them for a while. This is an interesting article but I don't think it's anything more than a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mckay, is this even remotely related to any concieveable economic topic?

Anonymous said...

Bennett W. 5th

I think this is alot of presidents to be just a coincidence. It might have something to do with people choosing the blue eyed candidates subconsciously. Maybe blue eyed people are better talkers since they feel um...prettier. I'm saying that subconsciously they feel like they have a better chance of winning because of their blue eye power. Or perhaps it really is just a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

I probably would have never picked up on that. Now that I can vote, though, I'll probably base my decision solely on eye color. It's not like any of them have a better reason to get my vote anyways.

B. Oliver 5th

Anonymous said...

Allen J. 1st

The blue eyes thing is probably just a coincidence. It could be that the candidates appear more attractive, but most presidential nominees are quite ugly to begin with, so it probably doesn't affect it much. However, it could be that all the presidents are part of a secret society determined to break up the U.S. by putting forth bad policies, but I don't think thats the case because I'm at least half way sane, as I'm writing this, at least. We should just give up on human candidates and put a blue-eyed panda in as president. Pandas are awesome and they wouldn't screw up the country as bad as some of the presidents have, because other world leaders would find them too awesome to disagree with.

Anonymous said...

tyler L.- 5

a coincedence happens once maybe twice, or maybe 3 times. NOT 6 times! i guess American voters have subconcius voting habits.

Anonymous said...

This is stupid! There are other things that people look for. Like what they stand for and yes gender, race or even the way a candid looks effects voters. Not eye color.
Chris C.
1st

Anonymous said...

Alexa Daniel 2nd

The article is fascinating, but I think it is just a coincedence that eye color determines presidents. However, it is strange and scary to think that some voters could be basing their decision on something as trivial as eye color.

Anonymous said...

Matthew K. 1st

very funny. I really enjoyed that. I find it extremely interesting that the past presidents for 35 years have been blue eyed. It really comes to show how ignorant and vain the American people can be. Then again, thats how the game is played.

Davis Wilkinson - 2nd said...

I think this statistic is a little too random. I don't think eye color is a major factor at the polls.

Anonymous said...

Brittany Hoffman 5th
I do think this is crazy, but only a coincidence. I just don't see how eye color would effect a person's vote. Now, maybe there are some people who don't know who to vote for, so they vote for the prettiest eyes? Oh gosh, i hope not.

Anonymous said...

Interesting, but I seriously doubt that eye color has anything to do with peoples' votes. I think it's just a coincidence. One would certainly hope so anyway.
Lauren R. 5th

Anonymous said...

Tamara Wallace 5th

Well I think it is just one big coincidence. It did say that the number of babies born with blue eyes is decreasing, which means that the number of people with blue eyes in past centuries has been much higher than today. I think that a good looking person would have a better chance to win the presidency, but I don't think that eye color has anything to do with it.

Anonymous said...

one last comment so we can have as many comments as presidents (if you don't count Warren G. Harding).

Anonymous said...

fadsfda