I love this article. It points out the flaws in the everyday thought process. I like how it shows that even a brilliant person might suffer "cognitive dissonance" - or have the inability to clearly see the stated proposition without bius. Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert as well as the article's writer, points out that economics changes your perception to see the facts, period.
Adams makes a very good point that I think applies to almost all situations. There are, however, things that are simply black and white, right and wrong. Lauren R. 5th
I have a new found appreciation for economics now. The way that economists are taught to think allows them to see all sides of any argument and discuss both without a clear side. This can be applied to any everyday decision from what to eat for lunch to buying a new hybrid car because of global warming. I completely agree that economics does 'change your brain.' It allows you to develop a new and much more effective way of reasoning.
4 comments:
Leah B. - 2nd
I love this article. It points out the flaws in the everyday thought process. I like how it shows that even a brilliant person might suffer "cognitive dissonance" - or have the inability to clearly see the stated proposition without bius. Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert as well as the article's writer, points out that economics changes your perception to see the facts, period.
Adams makes a very good point that I think applies to almost all situations. There are, however, things that are simply black and white, right and wrong.
Lauren R. 5th
Taylor P. 1st
I have a new found appreciation for economics now. The way that economists are taught to think allows them to see all sides of any argument and discuss both without a clear side. This can be applied to any everyday decision from what to eat for lunch to buying a new hybrid car because of global warming. I completely agree that economics does 'change your brain.' It allows you to develop a new and much more effective way of reasoning.
so.... then mr. mckay's not an economist?
Post a Comment