Monday, January 22, 2007

Apparently everything is for sale.


It's official. Now there is nothing you can't buy. This guy is selling his life. Not that he dies, you just get his lifestyle and identity. Check it out. What would your lifestyle be worth to someone?

Life 4 Sale

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, 4 weeks to train the winning bidder...everything, including six jokes: brilliant, but on a serious note, I find it difficult to grasp the concept of taking on "a new identity." He talks as if he could instantly become another person in the snap of a finger, er, click of the mouse in this case. I would call this a hoax, but I've seen people sell "nothing" on eBay. Can't see why selling your life can't be done.
Kim I. 5th

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i think their is something this guy is not telling us...either his life totally sucks and he doesnt want to admit is and he is covering it up, or the mob is out to get him and the poor soul who wins is going to get his knee caps busted by some guy named Georgio...another thing i noted...no weapon skills, and no crocodile hunting skills...everyone in Oz can hunt crocodiles its a known fact...LAME...lastly Nicheal is hardy a gender neutral name...but on a serious economics note... he has a large opportunity cost if he leaves all 8 of the prospecting women in his life right now...

Josh R/2nd period

Anonymous said...

gah!! I used the wrong their!!...its there...ahhh it's all Mr. Reeve's fault...him and his Precis'...AHHH!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know where to start. Ok, so when the guys sells his life, and I think it's already a done deal, then doesn't the person who takes over his life going to get the money from this deal? So in all actuality, the guy isn't making and money, has to start all over, and is a complete nincompoop. I don't really understand the point of it. And Josh, I agree. He would have a large opportunity cost if he left the 8 women in his life right now. But then again...that's eight women we're talking about...Anyways, I think it could be a hoax, but he said the e-bay people were going to make sure it went through. Plus it's a legally binding contract when you pay over e-bay and you buy something. On another thought, do you think anybody would buy my life?

Ryan B. 2nd

Anonymous said...

I guess Mr. McKay was right when he said you can put a price on a life. By the way, he's kinda cute but not worth 7500 australian dollars, but at least you would be in a documentary.

Sarah Hobson 1st

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah you don't get the guy, just his life.

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is, who would want to buy someone else's life. Training to become someone else seems a little outragous. If someone really wanted to change their life they could do it without buying someone elses.



Adriana G 1st period

Anonymous said...

I agree with one of Josh's theories. I think this guy is a fugitive. He's giving away his identity. He might as well jump off a waterfall. And what's the deal with him and eight women. Talk about a large opportunity cost. If he's having a garage sale on his life, he might as well keep one of them around. Just play favorites. Oh well, its his life or at least was his life.

Curtis S./ 2nd period

Anonymous said...

It looks like to me either someone is pulling a really huge prank on this guy and he doesn't know it yet or he has lost his mind. God bless him.
Jordan L.5th

Anonymous said...

This guy obviously has too much free time on his hands and may be giving his information to the wrong people, if you know what I mean. I also think he needs a shirt on, thats just my opinion though.
Jeremy G 5th

Anonymous said...

His life is not ours to buy (from a religious point of view.
Jessica 5th Period

Anonymous said...

that guy is smart

Anonymous said...

probably the stupidest thing ive ever seen...or should i say person. I cant believe peole are actually bidding on this. Its probally just a scam
Cameron K 5th

Anonymous said...

i am literally speechless...... what do u say to something as stupid as this......this guy should feel important considering he made it all the way to the blogspot of mr mckay. wow. kind of funny in a way. more stupid.
Sarah L.-5th

Anonymous said...

I think it is really wierd that this guy will sell himself. It just shows us what our society has come to since people are now starting to sell themselves. I do not know anyone who spend any money to buy someone else's life, ecspecially when they already have their own life.
William Brooks-2

Anonymous said...

There has to be a catch...his life sounds great and all, actually he makes it sound pretty perfect. This raises the question of what is he hiding, why would he want to trade for someone elses life, he's obviously trying to get away from something. I support this for soley expiremental purposes (would make for an interesting documentary, one in wich i would rent for sure.) But the other half of me thinks that its lame, and whoever buy's it will end up regretting selling his soul.
Unless ofcourse the documentary's purpose is to change an anti-social,loser for the better. Then it might be an inspiring tear-jerker. Not.

Taylor Kimbrough 2nd

Anonymous said...

its pretty pathetic that this guy only knows 6 jokes....i agree with kimbrough. this would be an inspiring tear-jerker. i have decided that i am also going to sell pointless stuff on the internet to make money. like my thoughts....or my soul.

Justin H 5th period

Anonymous said...

also i living the life i have now is time consuming enough. i dont think i could live two. maybe that makes me lazy....or maybe im just normal.

Justin H 5th period

Anonymous said...

i dont proof read the stuff i post....forgive me.

Justin H 5th

Anonymous said...

Why would he sell his life? Those 8 other women must not be cool if he wants to give up that kind of opportunity cost. He's a pimp though.

Riley White 1st

Anonymous said...

mr mckay is hot

josh rantz

Anonymous said...

haha i concur

rILEY WHITE

Anonymous said...

he's still cute. sarah hobson

Anonymous said...

Do you have an obsession for "cute" australian guys? Maybe you do, but it's cool. And why would you, Josh, and you, Riley, say that Mr. McKay is hot? Honestly, our senior class disturbes me immensely. Maybe I'm the only one slightly disturbed by it all(btw, Disturbed rocks), but when our brilliant students are calling teachers of the same gender "hot"...You guys freak me out.


Josh, you're hot.

Ryan B.

And I can be Australian if you want me to be...

Anonymous said...

I think this guy is stupid and needs money because hes poor and thats the only reason why hes selling his life....hes really not all that cute as everyone else is saying. If you sell your life wouldnt you sell everything, not just some things as he is doing.

TiffanyJ. 1

Anonymous said...

josh you crack me up

Justin Havins 5th

Anonymous said...

i just want to know what this guy isn't telling us. i mean it seems like he has a pretty decent life...why would he want to give that up?
but i guess you can put a price tag on anything...even your own life. it got me wondering exactly how much someone's life would be worth...like what would designate an "expensive" life or a "cheap" life and things of that nature. and then i realized i was thinking way too hard about this because the whole thing is just bogus anyways. but the idea was amusing and interesting nonetheless.

brittany p 1st

Anonymous said...

why would you want to sell your life? then you have nothing else. and who would want to buy it? don't they have a life of their own. this is a crazy article.

Whitney A. 5th

Anonymous said...

wow this guy is crazy why would any wanna sell their lives... expecially to give up all of their friends and everything that they have ever known?

Logan 2nd

Anonymous said...

This might be one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. For one the guy for sale isnt even wearing any unerwear...goin commando. But I do think it would be pretty awesome to learn his handstand skills and his fire twirling skills.

Jeff G-5th

Anonymous said...

This poor man probably has no money and has to sink to the level of selling his own life. What is he going to do after it is sold? Is he going to kill himself or buy someone else's life?

Marcie Beeck (1st period)

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. This gut has to be on crack or something or maybe some angel dust. And whoever decides they want to buy a life off of ebay, certainly needs help too.


J.J. Johnson 1st

Anonymous said...

wow this guy's life was only worth $7,500 to him. That is very sad. No good life can be rebuilt with that much. He is crazy!

Rachel H 5th

Anonymous said...

this is completly nuts i know people will do anything for money but sell themselves.. CRAZY!!
Riley Trotter 1st

Anonymous said...

This would never work...What happens if the wining bidder is form another country and is unable to obtain a passport or visa??

Brandon H. 5th

Anonymous said...

It would really suck if you put yourself up forsale and only got $7500.00.

Jeff H. 2nd

Anonymous said...

If I had alot of money and wasn't already really cool, I'd bid at least $10,000 for the kid. After all, I could use a different name and new golf clubs. :]

Jera J.
5th Period

Anonymous said...

I do believe completely that this is a hoax, but the fact that he is actually receiveing bids is absurd. The entire idea of selling not only physical possessions but personal characteristics as well, is quite ridiculous. The purchase of a person, or his/her services, is not rare in today’s world. To orchestrate a bidding on e-bay for a life is different, but evidently, possible. Though many today do feel that life has no price, in reality, life has any price.

Naomi G. (5th Period)

Anonymous said...

Ummm how hilariously funny would it be if this guy's identity had already been stolen by thieves online. Talk about irony. But can we please get a therapist for this idiot. I mean why on earth would sell your life. I bet the IRS is gonna love this guy. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Tyler C. (1) said this one above