
Social Security
"We can’t afford to have that money go to the private sector. The money has to go to the federal government because the federal government will spend that money better than the private sector will spend it."
-- First Lady Hillary Clinton in a disagreement with a Republican congressman
"I have long been a critic of Social Security, basically because I believe that it is not the business of government to tell people what fraction of their incomes they should devote to providing for their own or someone else’s old age."
-- Milton Friedman, WSJ, March 15, 1988

4 comments:
my view on social security is that i will be mad if its done away with and i will never benefit from it. right now money is taken out of my paycheck for old people, if its not there when i'm old the govt better have some check they give for all they have taken.
raelynn s(5)
I don't think social security is right. The federal government shouldn't handle my money. I could be much more successful at it then the government.
Jeff Hernandez 2nd
I cannot claim that I know the complexities of the Social Security system, but I think it's a relatively bad idea. Having Social Security is actually a deterrent for some people to save money for their retirement. If they know that the government will be giving them money just to keep their geriatric hearts beating, what's the point in saving while you're young? I think that if the government phased out social security, people would find ways to provide for themselves and another one of our country's problems would be solved.
Michael K 2nd
I say they should just take all of our money and tell us exactly where we should spend it and to whom we should give it away to.
Love marcus b. pd 5
Post a Comment